IELTS Reading has two types of questions: academic and general, however, the style of questions is the same in both. And, Reading Tips properly helps you to understand the passage and answer the questions accordingly.
So, get some IELTS reading tips and tricks to increase your band score during the real test.
What sort of skills will be tested?
- Putting together a diagram, table, or summary.
- Make a distinction between main ideas and supporting ideas.
- Determine the writer’s motivation and point of view.
- Look for knowledge that is specific to you.
- Pay close attention to the most important details.
Different Question Types
There are various types of questions on the IELTS reading section, and you must be familiar with all of them.
- Sentence Completion
- Summary, note, table, flow-chart completion
- Short-answer questions
- Diagram label completion
- Matching Information
- Multiple choice
- Matching Headings
- Matching sentence endings
- True, False, Not Given
Any type of question could be posed during the real exam, thus the examinee must be familiar with all of them.
When taking the IELTS reading exam, the examinee must have a thorough awareness of time management. In one hour, three readings with a total of 40 questions must be completed. Each passage should take you 20 minutes to complete.
IELTS Reading Tips:
- Don’t expect to comprehend everything
- Read every day whether it is a newspaper article or a passage.
- First, read the questions.
- Scan, skim, and summarize
- Work on your reading skills rather than your IELTS skills
- Carefully read the instructions
- Don’t panic
- It’s a test of vocabulary
- Timing is crucial
- Ignore whatever you already know about the subject
- To increase your reading speed, alternate between reading slowly and quickly
- Focus on KEYWORDS